Zeplin Mod for Survival

Started by winner321, July 06, 2012, 12:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winner321

Can we get the Zeplin mod for Darth's server as it would give a way of flying that still requires resources, as well as adding more options like being able to build flying moving cities.
-http://minecraft-crafting.org/minecraft-crafting-zeppelin-mod-blocks-list/
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g9kMQOT1vk
Thirty-six pages of unread messages.
Two hundred fifty-one unread emails.
Six hundred eighty unread spam emails.
Now what would you do about this?

pusur44017

thums up, looks amazing :D

-pusur 

Juwayyid

This mod looks like it would be very fun, especially for building sky homes and docks and such.

Would be great for movies on the creative server as well!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

thealex447

Yes this would be fun and all, BUT it is not a bukkit plugin. This means it may not install properly on the server and everyone playing would need the mod installed on their clients.

In the "Future Plans" section, it does say SMP. Keep checking up to see if they release a plugin, but I think it will be very similar to the one below.

Bukkit does have something similar known as MoveCraft, but it causes extreme amounts of lag. The vehicles move  deathly slow as well.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/movecraft/

Juwayyid

But it would work for those with the mod installed, right?  Wonder what it would look like to those without the mod!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Butlerbandit

We've already discussed the possibility of movecraft on Darth's server, and much to my own disappointment, It was concluded that the server simply doesn't have the power necessary to run it, and I have a feeling the answer may be the same for zeppelin.

Topic in which Movecraft was discussed: http://insomniacservers.com/index.php/topic,647.msg5857.html#msg5857
Held Together by Duct Tape

Jahona

I guess I can give it a go and see if it works.  No harm in trying.  The issue was people wanted for the most part a bare bones minecraft server without fancy plugins.  If that opinion has changed then I'll see what can be done.  I have people that would like no plugins at all and to have a completely vanilla experience.  I have others that want the server loaded down with all sorts of plugins.  There is no happy compromise.  The other thing is for most non bukkit mods to work you have to be competent enough to install the client side as well.  A lot of people can install mods now a days but some just don't know how or can't figure it out.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Juwayyid

Hah, no plugins would mean chaos!  looting and grief!

Actually, that wouldn't be so bad!

I hope this zeppelin mod works!  looks awesome!

NickyKim

Like I said before... Flying transport stuff would be awesome! Ever thought of making a huge link of airways to multiple airports??
M.D. Kim, Nicky

Jahona

Quote from: NickyKim on July 06, 2012, 09:42:03 PM
Like I said before... Flying transport stuff would be awesome! Ever thought of making a huge link of airways to multiple airports??

I built airports on the old PK beta
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Juwayyid

Jahona

It's been a hectic day.  I've had gremlins conspiring with Murphey on about everything electronic today.  I don't want to do any work till later this week.

gvc1529

The Zeppelin mod for survival would DEFINITELY be a cool mod for beta survival. This would add a vast expanse of possibilities. Instead of the ice cream truck stopping at a players house, have the food zeppelin stopping at everyones house! Or If you want to fly to your friends house, and you want to bring gifts, you can store it in chests. :D (Notice how i CAPITALIZED definitely heehee)
Wolves are wise, and have killer instincts.

Saracalia

I do like the Zipline Mod, but there is no Multiplayer version yet. I was pretty sure that the original owner was going to start working on the Multiplayer version of the mod, but he kinda stopped working on the mod in the 1.0 Update. Ever since then, someone else has been trying to keep this mod up to date with Single Player.

bren4q

Zipline

Zeppelin

This public service announcement was brought to you in association with Fruitfield - Old Irish Time Marmalade - "Greater purity means finer flavour"
Surplus to requirements