The Minez Insomniac Squad!

Started by Juwayyid, August 03, 2012, 02:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaysers

MINEZ. TONIGHT.
FELLOW SQUADRON MEMBERS, GET ON TS ASAP.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Krawkyz

Jaysers

Items below are subject to change due to potentially more awesome loot.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Jaysers

UPDATE/STORY TIME!

Day 174: After a while of camping out at a logging camp, we decided that a few of us should advance forward in hopes to scrounge up better equipment and supplies. The logging camp was running dry, and we knew we couldn't stay here much longer. Knowing this, four of our bravest decided it was time to set out to our next goal. Rumors had it that there was a town far north that seem to never be short of food, more specifically apples. We knew we were probably chasing ghosts, but the thought of plentiful food lingered in our minds. Without delay, Butlerbandit, Haze, Krawkyz and I gathered up what equipment we would need and immediately set out to our mysterious town.

It's strange seeing winter during the summer. This apocalyptic world seems to keep throwing the worst at you. As we progressed further northwards, we started to notice that the terrain became more and more unforgiving. Soon, the land and forest was covered in a thick blanket of snow. Every step I took, I felt the cold iron armor roughly rub into my bare skin, as I was dressed for summer and desert-like conditions. The other seem to fare slightly better, though chain armor can't be much better than iron. Nonetheless, we pushed onwards, with our hopes for this Food town slowly dwindling.

We found what seemed like an abandoned mansion, though most of it was broken down. We managed to find some cans of food and dried meat, and refilled our canteens in a nearby water stream. A while ago, we rescued a survivor that was hiding out in the forest. He seemed pretty green in this world of surviving, but he'll learn the ropes. It's not often that normal people sur-__--_-

That foolish greeny. Nearly got us all killed. He got caught by a swarm of zombies and we had to run in to save him. I took a gash across my chest. Haze fared little better, getting bitten in the arm. Butlerbandit took the worst: His left eye is no longer functional now, despite our best efforts to fix him. Luckily, our antibiotics and herbs seem to fix most of our wounds, and apparently can cure bites. We're immune now, thanks to these lucky kits, but that doesn't mean we can't get torn apart by a pack of zeds. After tending our wounds, we quickly distanced ourselves from the mansion, as we started to notice that our commotion got the attention of several hordes.

-----------------------------

We finally arrived to this mysterious town. Apparently, the rumors are true. Everywhere we looked, there seem to be an abundance of apples and supplies. Apart from a few zeds every now and then, the town was undisturbed. Maybe the local hero of the town had something to do with it. Superstitions or not, the town was like a haven for us.... Though I can't shake the feeling that this place is more haunted, rather than peaceful...

------------------------------

Oh lord.. oh god oh god. what the hell oh my god. We found it. Out of everything this abundant town had to offer, we had to have this as well. We literally found hell on earth. Zeds were flowing out of this port like ants.
It happened soon after we arrived. After looting some food, I came across the local church. It was dedicated to the local town hero. Strangely, there was a light in the middle of the sanctuary that randomly flickered on and off. After discovering a few herb drinks by the alter, I noticed a dim red glow emitting from the corner of the church. Being cautious, I drew the attention of my fellow comrades to let them know about this place. As we peered into the glow, it started to become rapidly clear that this haven was no heaven; it was a part of hell itself. The dead resided here, and soon they noticed us. Though there was a rather large hole separating us, it was still terrifying to know that we were literally on top of hell. Their numbers seem to swarm larger and larger as we continued to observe. By some dumb misfortune, "greeny" lost his foothold when the rock under his foot gave in. We stared with horror as we saw him fall into the abyss and was torn apart right in front of us.. I could still see the white of his eyes as he screamed. With adrenaline and instinct kicking in, a few of us jumped inside in attempt to save him, to no avail. Before we knew what we were doing, we too were surrounded by the dead. We fought a wave off as we were given a small chance to recover some supplies "greeny" dropped. Soon, the dead were upon us once again. As we recovered most of the important supplies, we quickly tried to get the hell out of there. Literally. Since I was better equipped, I hung back a bit to make sure my comrades had a solid foothold to get out. We all got out, though not without injuries, physical and mental. We've seen it plenty of times, but we still could never get used to the sight of seeing someone being torn apart right in front of us. I swear, I must have killed dozens of them before we got out.. The cold environment was a welcoming sensation, but I could still feel the heat of hell scorching my skin..

---------------------------

This wound still hurts like hell. We came across a couple of well armed survivors during our stay in "Applebain" (our group decided to dub this place that due to the abundance of apples). Though they were better equipped than us, they forgot the golden rule: Safety in numbers. Soon, the four of us were able to overcome one of them, and he quickly fell from my sword, but not before he got a lucky sword stroke and slashing my face. He didn't stay down for long though. The virus immediately took effect after life exited his body, and soon he became one of the zeds. We quickly disposed of it and took its equipment. As Butler was doing his best to stop the bloodflow from my face, the rest of us chased after the second survivor. After a while, we gave up, mainly since Krawkyz was gravely injured. I still don't know how he lives from his wounds. Then again, he is mutant like.. His red eyes are still somewhat disturbing.

We found a friendly survivor out in the forest nearby our town. Again, this one looked a bit green, and it immediately reminded us of that unforgettable memory.. We made sure this time to teach newbie the proper ropes, or at least, the most essential ones first.
We are left with two choices. Either stay here and wait for the rest of the group to catch up with us, since they too are in need of restocking their supplies, or we set out once again to chase after rumors and face the unknown horrors that await us...

Jaysers

STATUS UPDATE

Day 177: My comrades and I were getting restless, despite the peace and plentiful food here at AppleBain. One of our comrades that was camped back in the logging camp suddenly arrived where we resided, increasing our numbers to a strong penta (5). Feeling braver and perhaps more ballsy, we all agreed on venturing further north. The place we were headed to was rumored to be an undead tree; a dying tree the came from hell itself, yet refuses to wither away. Like we were with AppleBain, we were a bit skeptical to the rumors, but we started our adventure once again.

---------------------

The sudden transition from below 0 degree temperatures to near boiling caught us off guard, though luckily we were still dressed for desert like environments. Still, I can't deny that it's extremely hot. Glenn, our comrade that came with us, saw a bridge ahead of us. Like its surroundings, the bridge was made with cooled molten rocks. We saw nothing but stone for miles on end, so we had to assume there won't be any towns or encampments we can raid to resupply our food and water. Fortunately, we came fully stocked with these essentials, so we were prepared for most situation.

Well, we found HellTree. Not gonna lie, the name is pretty accurate; The wood on the tree didn't seem like wood at all. Rather, it seemed as it made from obsidian. The leaves, if you can even call them that, were withered as if they were all nothing but ashes, then becoming condensed. As we drew nearer to the tree, we could see that the place was quite hostile. Still, it wasn't anything five hardcore, experienced veterans couldn't handle. With Krawkyz and I being the best climbers in the group, we risked taking a look inside the massive trunk of the tree. To our disappointment, there wasn't much. When we came back down, however, it became rapidly clear that the zombies would overwhelm us, no matter how skilled we were. We were desperately fighting to stay alive and not eaten, and the bubbling lava below us didn't help. I warned the others to stay away from the edges, since zombies were constantly trying to grasp us and pull us into their hungry stomachs. It was then that the gods decided to prove my point. A zombie was able to grab Haze's ankle, who was unable to climb the ladders fully. I forgot how strong zombies actually were, until that moment. Haze had his grip on the ladder ripped from his grasp, and the force of the pull was so terrifyingly strong that instead of just pulling him down, the zombie threw Haze over the edge, into the molten lava. His ear-splitting scream was the last thing we heard before he melted before our very eyes. It was a heavy loss, but we couldn't just stand around and mourn for him; not yet. At our vantage point, we sniped most o the zombies off with our bows before we were finally able to temporarily clear out the zombies. But this peace wouldn't last for long, and it was evident that our dead comrade's scream drew the attention of zombies within miles. We got the hell out of there, literally. We were followed by zombies until we got halfway to AppleBain. Once we arrived, we took a moment of silence for our lost brother in arms.

Today was a cold hell...

Jaysers

UPDATE 2.0

Day 179: We heard a distress call in a small encampment down south of us. Seeing how it's more south where there were less zombies and more scared survivors, it came to no surprise when we confidently said only 3 of us could handle the task. Butler, Haze and I set off after scavenging around for food a bit, near worry-free.

We arrived at the encampment and found our distress caller. She was in the middle of fighting off a small group of zombies, and we jumped in to help. After rendering the area clean of live (.. undead?) zombies, we gave her some equipment so she could fare better. There were still some zombies in the outskirts of the area, but we didn't pay much attention to them since they didn't pose a large threat to us. That is, until the survivor charged headfirst into a horde of them. Bewildered, we tried to help her, but to no avail. Soon, she was torn apart as the zombies overwhelmed her and all traces of her were gone within seconds. We couldn't do anything for her, so we stuck around to loot a bit more before we head back to AppleBain. The loot here isn't bad; there's plenty of food to go around. Maybe we should have broug---...

(The page is smeared with blood, but the writing is still legible)

This is it.. After so long surviving and escaping death's grasp, it comes down to this. My comrades lay dead not too far from me. Those bastards.. They must have hid in the shadows. Not sure why they left me alive. With everything I've done, I should at least deserve a quick death.. It doesn't matter now. Hell, I don't even know why I'm still writing this. I'm mere minutes away from death, and I spend the last moment of my life writing nonsense into this journal that won't even matter.

If you happen to come across my dead corpse and see this journal, have the decency to pass it along to a group of survivors dubbed "Insomniacs". They're quite known in these areas and have many members scattered across the world.

I'll see you in hell.

sifitis

:-\  just read this...Im a little worried about you Jaysers...

But well written!

Jaysers

TL;DR
WEIRD FRKIN CAVE THING THAT A LOT OF US ARE IN, AND I THINK I'M IN FULL IRON AGAIN. WITH LOTS OF FOOOOOOOOOOD.

HAVE NO FEAR, THE INSOMNIAC SQUAD IS HERE! -hysterical laughter-

It's been quite some -twitch- time since we've been back into this. I've checked -twitch- in a few times before -twitch- and not much happened except for a lot of -twitch- zombie -twitch- killing... So much red.... They're not people anymore, -twitch- right...? RIGHT?! I mean, -twitch- they used to be. But not.. -twitch- anymore... right?... RIGHT?! IT'S NOT LIKE. -twitch- WE'RE KILLING ANYONE?! WE'RE ONLY -twitch- DEFENDING OURSELVES. IT'S EITHER THEM OR US. YOU UNDERSTAND RIGHT?!

... No, nononono nonononono stay away from me. stop. STAHP. ... Wha.. What? I'm not.. I'm not going crazy. I'm not crazy!
No, stop. Get away from me. I don't want to hurt you. Go aWAY I DON'T WANT TO HURT YOU.
STOP PLEASE -hysterical sobs- STop..! stop...! noo...! -voice gets fainter and quieter as he's dragged away-

........ So... yeah. Camping got boring every now and then, so I started reading a lot of fanfics in attempt to pass the time. Sometimes I was so bored I went back to reading stories I "oath-ed" myself I'd never continue reading due to the pure amount of weird stuffs going on.. -shudders-

ANYWAYS. We should have like a casual day off sometime where we just jump back into this for a bit. Nothing too serious, maybe like 3-5 of us just wandering around, looting and shizznazz.