Requesting Demotion

Started by CTSquirrel, August 28, 2012, 12:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTSquirrel

I have been thinking over this decision for at least six months, deciding if I should resign or not, and if so, when? In those six months, I have not been as active as I could have been, but I did try and help out with the classic servers. With the new school semester looming, I figured now might as well be the best time to end my OP related work.

My choice in resigning is from a combination of: higher priorites in the real world, loss of administrative interest, and a loss of desire to play Minecraft at all. Generally speaking, it's been six months of, "Why am I signing onto Minecraft? Ah, fixing grief. Oh great, guests are on and I have to watch over them. I really should be doing ABC instead of this. I would enjoy doing XYZ so much more than watching over these guests."

It just wouldn't be fair to anyone, especially towards new-coming guests and Skitty, if I stayed and kept a slowly increasing disinterest in OP work. Perhaps one day, my interest in playing Minecraft will be rekindled as a builder, but that will not happen for a while.

With all that said, it's been a long year and a half since I first joined the PK Servers, but it's time I step down from SuperOP and go back to my previously earned Advbuilder rank.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity of becoming a SuperOP, and thank you all for the great times that were shared.

haze_storm15

Ahhhhhhhhhh cts I'll miss you man hope you come bye a visit man good luck in life

Reichtmueller

Good luck Charlie the Squirrel.
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

Kidd2000

Quote from: Reichtmueller on August 28, 2012, 03:53:28 AM
Good luck Charlie the Squirrel.

So that's what CTS stands for?! Huh, well CTS-You're always welcome to enjoy my nuts. You know where to get 'em.

bren4q

Best o' luck CTS. Cheers for all hours of admin work and the awesome builds. You've been a huge asset to the servers, both in terms of managing players and building, and just good fun to have around too.

P.S.
I think we can safely say you are more than an Advanced Builder so you can at least retire with the prestige of an Elite Builder rank.
Surplus to requirements

Skitty

down 1 staff
up on the top 25. greattttttt

but yes you deserve at least elite.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

pusur44017

I'll miss you very much as you are a fun and nice player, I hope we'll see you again so time in the future, untill then, I hope life treats you well!

your friend,
-pusur

kesteve

See ya later friend. Hope your classes go well. Perhaps we will have engineering chats some day in the future.
Peace be with you.
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

Skittlez

I'd like to hitch onto this post and say "ditto" essentially, as I am too lazy to make a separate post. It's been fairly obvious with my absence these past few months that I've also lost interest in my admin duties, for basically the same reasons CTS listed, and I also officially resign from my duties. It's been a fun year, but my interests wain, and unfortunately my interest in Minecraft and admin work has too. This is certainly a very diverse and interesting community in terms of the personalities of the players, and  I hope the community continues to grow and prosper. I thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this. Best to you all! :P
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

bren4q

I had a feeling that was coming. Although you had said a long time ago that you were going to stop in early 2012, so we got a few extra months out of you!

We'll have to organize a reunion for the first year anniversary of Insomniacs, which is just over 2 months away. In the mean time, I might gatecrash your TF2 multiplayer games from time to time.
Surplus to requirements

EvilGeniuses

Hey CTS you've been a great online friend-that-I've-never-actually-meet-in-my-life. I do wish you the best and I, like many other people on this server, will miss you. Please do stop by and say hi once in a while :)

OH and make sure you get sc2 AND a computer that can run it. I'm tired of your excuses :P

Juwayyid

But CTS!!  What of your spaceship on the creative server!?!?

So much time spent!  You can't just abandon it! 

And skittlez, my Canadian friend...  It's sad to see you go like this.  You were fun to hang around with, though we haven't really hung around since the PK days. 

Good bye to both of you!  May your travels be ever rewarding and your futures bright!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Kidd2000

Quote from: centermid16 on August 28, 2012, 04:11:24 PM
skittelz too?? omg, what is happening?

Out with the old, in with the new as they say.

sifitis

but, but, but...skittlez...I havent finished having pointless arguments with you..!  :P

lol, see ya, man.
You too, CTS.

Good luck...er...doing stuff in the future!

-sif-

Also, bren, when is the "official" birthday of Insomniac?

bren4q

Quote from: sifitis on August 28, 2012, 04:56:15 PM
Also, bren, when is the "official" birthday of Insomniac?
November 3rd or 4th is when the new forum was created.
Surplus to requirements