The First EMPERIA WAR! (better version)

Started by Emperor_Quimby, December 25, 2012, 03:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyitell

Sorry to ask but what server will this be on and what is the time in GMT?

[/url]

Glenn

NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Kenyor

I wanner be Elixirbrew again
I didn't get to be a wizard last times
EliteBuilder
I'm a picker, I'm a grinner, I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Jaysers

24:00 GMT? .. Hm. Then that would mean it would be 16:00 PST and 19:00 EST if you live in the US. That would make the time Emperor originally posted either wrong or mistaken or it might be set at a different time.
24:00 GMT = 4pm PST = 7pm EST...
(apologies for centrally focusing on the US time zones only, but I'm afraid I don't know the time zone differences for places such as Australia, Korea, Britain, etc)

I don't mean to sound rude or anything; I just want to have a solid confirmation on the time.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Juwayyid

Yea, this time thing is never going to be sorted out correctly!  We need to really specify what the time of the event will be to whichever players need to know according to their location on the planet.

If you would like to know the specific time for your region, please:

State the country and area of country you are in or will be playing from.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Glenn

Quote from: Jaysers on January 02, 2013, 09:52:20 PM
24:00 GMT? .. Hm. Then that would mean it would be 16:00 PST and 19:00 EST if you live in the US. That would make the time Emperor originally posted either wrong or mistaken or it might be set at a different time.
24:00 GMT = 4pm PST = 7pm EST...
(apologies for centrally focusing on the US time zones only, but I'm afraid I don't know the time zone differences for places such as Australia, Korea, Britain, etc)

I don't mean to sound rude or anything; I just want to have a solid confirmation on the time.
If scandinavian time = 01:00
(knowing that scandinavia is GMT+1)
then GMT is 24:00 Easy as hell.
Now, to find your own time, just look on this map, just look at your country and what number it is, when it for example is +3 then that means it's 03:00 for you, when it's for example -3 then that means it'll be on 21:00 for you. (by the way, left from zero means "-" and right from zero is "+")
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Jaysers

Very helpful Glenn! I spent maybe around 20-30 minutes last night trying to find some sort of a time zone converter thing, but that works just fine lol

Just to clarify, if the event is at 24:00 GMT (or 12 at midnight for those who prefer 12 hour standard):
US West: 4pm/16:00
US East: 7pm/19:00
United Kingdom: 12am/24:00
Korea & Japan: 9am/09:00
Australia: 8am-10am/08:00-10:00 (Depending geographically where you live)
Ireland: 11pm-12am/23:00-24:00
If there's any other time not posted, try referring to Glenn's world time zone picture. It should help clarify.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Jaysers

If you have some hatred built up against a certain player on the server, this is a good chance to release the anger (though only here is preferred)! There's only a little over a month left to join so if you haven't signed up yet, DO SO NOW!

Juwayyid

Here is just a quick reminder post so players don't forget about the event!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Emperor_Quimby

Let's see if the creativ server can get up in time... or we can set it to another date.

haze_storm15

i would like to be on the wizard team with juw and the others

joins Elixirbrew Quarter:

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: haze_storm15 on January 26, 2013, 11:01:57 AM
i would like to be on the wizard team with juw and the others

joins Elixirbrew Quarter:

Elixirbrew is closed untilthe other quarters is full.

haze_storm15

then i like to join Dunkel Quarter: haze the crazy mexican

Jaysers

Welcome to the Dunkel Quarter Haze! Here, we'll train ye to be the best of the best, as should all target prac- er.. ASSASSINS should be! Here be yer private quarter, though don't bother unpacking too much. Current residencies tend to become vacant quite frequently, if ya know what I'm saying.

Juwayyid

Hey Emperor, I wanted to show you my animation project from last semester.  Yours is a bit longer and more detailed.  Mine had to be 8 seconds on the dot.  It was really fun to make!

8 Second Final Animation