Having Login trouble

Started by Kepano24, April 06, 2013, 09:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kepano24

If i go thru mc patcher to start MC i get bad login when trying to join the survival server....if i got thru the regular game interface i get banned : hacked items.....    which i know isnt right seeing as ive nvr hacked anygame ever  so i dunno wats goin on

Skitty

ill let somebody else handle this.....

yeah.... busted.....

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Skittlez

First clue:
QuoteKepano24 has stacks of illegally gotten valuable items such as diamond ores and has been giving them out for free to other players
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

bren4q

Its fine. Darth will unban him as soon as he can. No questions asked.
Ruin the entire economy system on a server? No problem. Carry on.
Bully other players into quitting? Yep, thats cool.
Everything is swell.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

The reason I unbanned him is the fact that half the people who were in the spawn build days, that new better, hid items and all they got was a slap on the hand.  Kepano has been MIA for a month or more and wasn't really on when I was so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that no one told him.  I reset him and I'm trying to move on instead of dragging this out.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bren4q

Why did you give everyone creative mode knowing that, except for 2 or 3 players, it would be abused?
Who are all the people that abused this trust and hid items?
What was the slap on the hand that they received?
How is it that these items only appeared in Kepano's chest in the last 24 hours?
How is it that Kepano does not see the harm in what he does and yet in his dealings he carried them out so secretly and tried to avoid being noticed? Pleading innocence through ignorance is not gonna fly.

What does resetting Kepano achieve? He has given $4,000 value blocks to god knows how many players. Unless you find every chest belonging to every player you cannot trace what has been given. And there is no way of knowing if they genuinely own that, or whether they got it from Kepano.

I have mined honestly on the server for many hours and have less than $1500. Even if just 1 free diamond ore is given to 1 person it skews the economy. He has given countless amounts. The economy is basically ruined.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

The secret stash hidden behind the wall?  The chests were placed a long time ago.  I didn't check to see when things were placed in them but I figured just from the chests that they were from the spawn build day. 
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bren4q

No, all the diamond stuff was stashed in the last 24hrs.

As for the other unanswered questions?

QuoteWhy did you give everyone creative mode knowing that, except for 2 or 3 players, it would be abused?
What was the slap on the hand that they all received?
Surplus to requirements

Skittlez

Quote from: bren4q on April 06, 2013, 10:13:46 PM
What was the slap on the hand that they all received?

I can answer that one. There were a few people that attempted to hide some minor things (enchanted hoes in boats- ya know who you are) that I simply removed, and carried on with no particular mention. However, haze did stashed 10 chests chock full of potion items (tears, warts, glow stone dust, etc).  Again, I removed it without really bringing it up.

However, I don't think just letting Kepano back on that easy is totally appropriate. The other people at least had the decency to not give out items to everybody, screwing up the economy (and haze is serving his punishment). Bren does have a point:
QuoteHow is it that Kepano does not see the harm in what he does and yet in his dealings he carried them out so secretly and tried to avoid being noticed?

Furthermore, this brings up the issue that I really do want to address. Giving out creative to people is NOT a good idea. Even the best of us are tempted sometimes. I think we need to curb this practice, and next time we start up servers, we only give creative to 2~3 people, and monitor them closely.

bren4q

Giving Creative mode to people on an SMP server is insane. Completely and utterly idiotic. There are 2 people on IS that I trust with creative mode - Sifitis and Butlerbandit. And even then I would probably check on what they do, but only loosely. Anyone else would be out of the question. Even myself. Which is why I need to be Freeman rank for 99% of the time I spend on the server. I would not be able to play the game fairly with that so expecting others to do so is pointless.

This is still getting off the topic of a suitable punishment. Why does abuse and misuse and bullying keep happening? Because we allow it.
Why do we allow it? Well, "we" dont, but some owners/superops do, so that question is for them.
Surplus to requirements

Skittlez

Quote from: bren4q on April 06, 2013, 11:05:31 PM
This is still getting off the topic of a suitable punishment. Why does abuse and misuse and bullying keep happening? Because we allow it.
Why do we allow it? Well, "we" don't, but some owners/superops do, so that question is for them.

I think we need to become stricter with the rules. Darth does bring up a valid point, whatever the intention, we do have a habit of forgiving the minor offenses, and then hammering down on the slightly bigger offenses, which makes it look a bit odd. I think we need to start reporting all incidents, and perhaps coming up with a more uniform system of repercussions. I would also perhaps advise that we discuss with each other potential incoming punishments so that we are all on the same page, and work as a unit, instead of having this weird "ban, unban, ban" dance that's been prevalent lately.

In terms of Kepano, perhaps removing all his items & money, and forcing him to start from scratch would suffice?

bren4q

Quote from: Skittlez on April 06, 2013, 11:11:00 PM
In terms of Kepano, perhaps removing all his items & money, and forcing him to start from scratch would suffice?
ORLY?
How many free diamond ores has he given to other players? Pressing 'Q' to drop items to give to other people does not appear in the logs.

So yeah, go ahead and unban him as soon as possible and let people know that no matter what they do, no matter how it impacts the whole server, the worst thing that will happen is that they have to play Xbox for a day or two instead of Minecraft during their temp ban. That will definitely resolve these recurring issues once and for all.
Surplus to requirements

Skittlez

Quote from: bren4q on April 06, 2013, 11:20:29 PM
How many free diamond ores has he given to other players? Pressing 'Q' to drop items to give to other people does not appear in the logs.

Oh, that's smart... lawl

Alright, what would be your proposal? Perma-ban all the?

(If yes, I don't imagine that it would help the economy much either)

Juwayyid

Being stricter won't help as much as Darth's attitude towards the situation will.  Being caught in the act like this is extremely stomach clenching and heart dropping.  Being on the verge of a punishment is really enough to wake someone up to the dangers of what they have done and stop them from doing it again.

Kep may have thrown things off balance, but anytime he gave away diamond ores, the player receiving the block would be using of to protect their hard work.  It's at least out of good intention and sharing rather than keeping to himself.  I'm not saying this makes it ok, but he never caused nor meant harm by another player and only gained protection through providing protection.

Kep had always kept to himself.  You could have considered him in single player off of how much  player interaction he had.  I realize that he is on a multiplayer server, and he has broken rules.  Be has yet to have any trouble prior to this however.  I do not believe economy is too far thrown as, sure, players didn't have to work so hard to. It a stone themselves,  but those players simply gained closure.  Gained the idea that they would be safe and be able to save their gathered supplies for building.

It's hard to justify him helping others out like this as it does defeat the purpose of the server.  However it's his first offense, and he has played Robbin hood with it. Stole riches and have them to the poor.  Selfless, but wrong.

And on a personal level, kepano is a joy to have around.  He is mature and "sain" and someone you can trust.  He claimed to not know what he did was wrong, which is hard to believe, but I believe in a second chance. 
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Skitty

i leave you guys to your own for a few days caus e i had to remove a faulty psu and upgrade my lcs and this is what happens. this internal argumentive behavior needs to stop. you both need to come to an agreement that satisifys both partys. if an agreement is not ment i promise i will not be pleased. and some o f you know what happens then. make a agreement NOW. i again will not tolerate the whole im so and so, so i get to do what i want. start acting like a team and work together. all i know is that this confrontal behavior is sickening and dishearting to me.

i will try to get uptofate with everything but ipad is hard to do anything with.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.