Wasted Insomniac Brigade Beats Crap Out of Two Mechs.

Started by sifitis, June 09, 2013, 02:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sifitis

Today, we were, as we often are, on wasted, heading towards wasted.  We saw that team cobra had not 1, but TWO mechs in the city, and proceeded to freak out on TeamSpeak.  We constructed a plan (after failing to hit them with RPGs) to infiltrate their team and get them to friendly fire themselves to death, using one of our own team members as bait to get them to fire.  We did so, and this is what happened.....

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

and that's all that I got of the conversation, but kraw got more of it.

Probably not worth a thread, but it was the highlight of my night. :)

Krawkyz

Juwayyid

Its not clear what is going on.  Did you guys sign into the enemy team and have them hit yourself many a time to cause team kill damage to the shooter in order to destroy their mechs?
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

haze_storm15

It was the funniest thing in the world. I think it was worth it though. Last night was the best night for a long time.

Butlerbandit

To answer your question, Juwayyid;

Half our team was being slammed by a mech in city 17, while myself, sifitis and Jaysers were out on reconnaissance missions. Jaysers ended up catching a load of weapons caches while sifitis and I made our way to Mona. When we arrived in Mona, we discovered not one, but two enemy mechs patrolling the streets. We hid out and called for backup. The rest of our team, having grown tired of the situation in city 17, spawned into nearby Pfitz and made their way to Mona. During the ensuing battle, everyone pretty much ended up dying multiple times. Seeing that we couldn't simply blast them into submission, we decided to employ espionage to our advantage and use Drakon and Aceen to gain access to their team and intel. "Drakon" managed to steal one of their mechs, although it was too broken to use effectively and he had to scuttle it. The enemy had caught on to our schemes, and we knew they would be more careful about letting us steal the remaining mech. It was at this point that sifitis devised a plan; "Aceen" met with me outside Mona, and sticking close together we walked straight into the eye of the storm. Dodging bullets and taunting the mech, we finally broke his will and got him to fire a rocket directly at me as I stood next to Aceen. I "heroically" exploded, but from my respawn point in the lobby I heard the voice of the still living "Aceen" over teamspeak: "The mech is gone". And there was much rejoicing. Our full force attacked Mona and mopped up the last resistance int he city, making it well and truly ours. "Aceen" and "Drakon" stuck around on the enemy team to make sure they fully rubbed in our glorious victory. Afterwards, Haze left, and I proceeded to grab the diamond and take it back to our team in Mona, thus winning the game for the glories of the Insomniac Wasted Brigade!
Held Together by Duct Tape

Krawkyz

And also, they were speaking about duping mechs, so the feelings were justified. Usually, I would be more hard-pressed to do something like this, but they were dubious little bastards, them.

Juwayyid

Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

haze_storm15

I missed out that diamond :( oh well. I would get on but my Internet is off so it doesn't look like it will be on today, but on the other hand I got my desk today do I might be playing on a pc tomorrow afternoon :)

Jaysers

Quote from: haze_storm15 on June 09, 2013, 07:37:35 PM
but on the other hand I got my desk today do I might be playing on a pc tomorrow afternoon :)
You got a new desk? Nice!

Now, when is your desktop going to come?
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Butlerbandit

Quote from: Juwayyid on June 09, 2013, 04:29:39 PM
Sounds cheap to me!

On the contrary, espionage is a very important aspect of military strategy. Sun Tzu even devoted an entire section of "The Art of War" to the use of spies. (If you don't know what "The Art of War" is, check Wikipedia)

"Unless someone has the wisdom of a Sage, he cannot use spies; unless he is benevolent and righteous, he cannot employ spies; unless he is subtle and perspicacious, he cannot perceive the substance in intelligence reports. It is subtle, subtle! There are no areas in which one does not employ spies."
-Sun Tzu, Chapter 13 of Art of War

haze_storm15

Well thanks jaysers I will be getting my desk top this afternoon but won't be setting it up tell my dad can help me

Juwayyid

Spy as much as you will, but what did that dude say about people joining the army to kill their own men for the opposing forces?  It's just cheating in wasted.

Butlerbandit

Quote from: Juwayyid on June 09, 2013, 09:44:24 PM
Spy as much as you will, but what did that dude say about people joining the army to kill their own men for the opposing forces?

Despite the cartoons that may try to teach you differently, that's kinda what spies do. Although they call it "Sabotage".

(Also, was this show racist?)

Juwayyid

Spy vs spy was a show?!?  I only ever knew it as a Mad Magazine comic strip.

Anyhow, in Wasted, there are separate teams for a reason.  What will truly impress will be taking down a mech with pure group force, tactic, and number.

thealex447