Insomniac Saturday Night Build Off!

Started by Juwayyid, April 19, 2014, 03:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kesteve

May I suggest increasing the time limit/size limit as well? Perhaps at least twice the size and time? I enjoying building and making cool creations, but the time limit and size limit doesn't seem to give me the feeling of satisfaction as when I've built a good build. I may not have realized that this may be more of a "reflex" buildoff than a "planning" buildoff. I like the mini buildoff idea, but feel it may be too mini.
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

Krawkyz

For tomorrow's buildoff, according to the strawpoll, we shall now follow these rules:

Every week, we shall alternate solo to team.

You may pick you ground block before the buildoff starts.

There will be a twist every 10 builds.
Every buildoff that ends with the digit 0 will have a twist. That means this week's will have a twist.

Teams will be randomized.

To be determined: will we start with team or solo this week? We will find out Saturday.
Good luck out there! Hopefully you enjoy the revamped buildoff setup.

Krawkyz

Hello everyone!

Our build-off has raised to level 2 with our 11th build!

It's time to vote for your favorite winning build of the first 10.

Vote for your favorite
http://strawpoll.me/1856514
Vote for your favorite

The Builds

Can't_swim_dragon by juwayyid [Theme: Fantasy]

Big Ass Cake by SailorSaffy and Krawkyz [Theme: Cake House]

The Large Acacia Bonemeal by juwayyid [Theme: Tree House]

A Tree of Familiar Aspect by Butlerbandit [Theme: Library]

Mushroom Candy by 55trixton55 and Square_Cupcake [Theme: Candy Land]

Thick Thimbleweed by SailorSaffy, Zesambaji, and Krawkyz [Theme: Magical Forest]

The Great Mausoleum of Secrets by Zesambaji and Butlerbandit [Theme: Tomb]

La Grange by sifitis and thealex447 [Theme: Cottage]

Susceptible-to-high-winds by Dupple and Kesteve [Theme: Sultan Palace]

Red Barn - and that's it by juwayyid and TheAlmightyVance [Theme: Farm]

Reminder: All builds were built in an hour!

The build will be displayed as the best build within the archives

sailorsaffy

You guys should vote for the big ass cake by me and Kraw! Its one of my fave builds that I've done and I personally think it came out the best and is the least rushed and I like it the most. Go take a look!

bren4q

It's great to see a good, consistent, high standard of builds in all entries. And no boxes. Some nice stuff for 1 hour's work.

Was there no set theme for the build-off?
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

What Krawkyz has set up is a "Vote for the best!" out of the first 10 buildoff winners.  Each week is a different theme, and because we have no wcompleted our 11th build off we thought, or rather Krawkyz thought and we all agreed, it would be fun to vote for the best out of all the winners.

Its true though.  This buildoff has been consistent and turns out some fantastic stuff for an hours time each week.  And there were even times when players who don't get along get stuck building together and they actually get work done with a few laughs along the way, which is great to see.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Krawkyz

Don't forget, Saturday is our build-off. Join us!

Krawkyz

Build-off has been postponed until server technical issues have been resolved.

Krawkyz

Unless I hear otherwise, the Build-off will commence at

8:00 PM EST on Tuesday, July 8th.

haze_storm15

Since the build off in on a different day than we usually do is it okay to do singles tomorrow and teams on Saturday? Thus making the next Saturday another team week.

Krawkyz

sifitis

Juwayyid

Depending on the number we do get to come by, it may be best to just hold off until Saturday again.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Krawkyz

It is unlikely we will be able to do it tonight due to technical issues again. If servers are up at 8:00 EST, then we will do the build-off (with at least 5 people). If not, it will be postponed again.

Krawkyz

Build-off has been postponed until server technical issues have been resolved.