Insomniac Saturday Night Build Off!

Started by Juwayyid, April 19, 2014, 03:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sifitis

we know now WHERE the problems are coming from. We just need to fix it. Hopefully we'll have it fixed by the end of the week.

Krawkyz

Buildoff has been scheduled for

Friday, July 11th. 8:00 PM EST

Juwayyid

We are revoting and still doing teams?
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

TheAlmightyVance

Quote from: Juwayyid on July 10, 2014, 08:47:27 PM
We are revoting and still doing teams?
We are revoting but I don't know the situation on if we are doing teams or solo.

sifitis

Hopefully, we have the creative server back up to par, what with the lag issues and whatnot. Myself, Krawkyz, and Butlerbandit did some significant tinkering to figure out the issue, and we think we have it resolved. (No promises, though)

Krawkyz

Tonight I will be attempting a new voting system:

Step 1 - Nominations (vote for noms)

Step 2 - We will vote on the Nominations and whatever wins will be the theme

Step 3 - If resulted in a tie, will be randomly selected

MissVixiy

This week`s Build off:

• There is going to a twist for the build off this week.
  • It`s singles for the build off.
  • We are going to try start the build-off at 9pm EST (so try to make it on time for the build off).

MissVixiy

The buildoff has been postponed until tomorrow at 9pm EST. And the buildoff will be teams but we hope to see other builders.....  And also be on time too.....  :P

New thing about twist for the buildoff:
A twist occurs only on every fifth and tenth week for the buildoff 

sifitis

Due to circumstances regarding lack of turnout, the buildoff has been postponed until tomorrow at 7pm EST.  The buildoff will be teams. Please note that the buildoff is 2 hours earlier than normal because it is a sunday night.  Hope to see you all there!

Edit: That said, I just realized I won't be there.  Anyway, despite the difficulty I know you will all have in coping with this, go on without me and have fun regardless!

sifitis

I would like to dedicate this last weeks buildoff (October 4th) to bren4q, without whom, none of these would have been possible! :)

And here were the builds!

bren4q

Jesus. What was the theme, "Builds That You Never Want To See Ever Again"?
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

They made me judge it Bren.  Do you know how hard I just wanted to say no one wins? 
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Jaysers

Quote from: darthjahona on October 07, 2014, 07:39:08 PM
They made me judge it Bren.  Do you know how hard I just wanted to say no one wins? 

That should've been the twist. "No one wins."
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

bren4q

The one on the left was closest to capturing that true Classic feel. Although it would have been better if it had a rectangular base instead of a square base, so that it didn't go up into a point properly at the top.

To complete the experience there would also have to be the post-build ritual where the builder asks you several times to come look at it. And when you do, you can look forward to figuring out how to answer the inevitable question, "Is it good?"
Surplus to requirements

sifitis

It may also have benefited in the following ways:
-made of gold
-rainbow
-lava and water decorating it
-dirt!
-etc.