Halloween Buildoff 2014

Started by sifitis, October 05, 2014, 12:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kesteve

0_o
That image looks familiar Darth.

When you say till the 31st, do you mean Oct 31st at 11:59 P.M. EST?
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

Jahona

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

kesteve

The Headless Horseman

by Kesteve

Coordinates: X: 231, Y: 94, Z: -83

Here's a link for the texture pack used:http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/skyrim-hd-texture-pack-by-ghostmod/

Easiest way to get to my build is to use /warp halloween2014 turn right (90 degrees) then go straight West for a bit (decrease your x coordinate value).

Thanks for viewing! Happy Halloween!
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

Emperor_Quimby

Also, don't delete my building just yet, I wanna copy it to the flat world.

Butlerbandit

EDIT: Now that creative's back up;

At 890x 4y -84z, there is a tree, a tree of Halloween! A tree which will transport you to a magical town from whence this joyous holiday originates!

The town has a lot of interactive features to explore, including the laboratory of Dr. Frankenbean, the ghoul school, a grave-robber minigame, and much much more!

(Note: This build is meant to be viewed at night, so please do so. Also, if "Jack O' Lantern" isn't in the pumpkin patch, it means that some of the mobs have been removed and may require replacement.)

Held Together by Duct Tape

Butlerbandit

Also, since I think Thor_Chipmunk forgot to submit his, Thor's fox from Five Nights at Freddy's is located at 1009x 4y -99z

Held Together by Duct Tape

Jahona

I've unloaded the map for the time being.  I'll judge it soon.

Jahona
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Emperor_Quimby

Good thing I copied my building out in time then.

Emperor_Quimby

Jahona

Jahona

Map is back up for those that would like to get back on.

I've viewed the entries and honestly having a hard time choosing.
I've got three people in mind.  Y'all didn't make it easy this time.

bren4q

Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Just on a pure building level standpoint Kesteve's Headless Horseman would win.  If I take into account all of the flexibility of Minecraft then the little things Butlerbandit did took the cake.  While his build wasn't as aesthetically pleasing as Kesteve's, I thought all of his work with redstone made up for it.  The fun things that were set up in most of the buildings and the interactions had me looking forward to what would happen next.

So with all that being said my pick for this Halloween build off is.

1st) Butlerbandit
2nd) Kesteve
3rd) Emperor_Quimby

Butler get in contact with me on how to redeem your prize.
Kesteve and Emperor Quimby please check your inbox for your runner up prize.

Also would y'all be interested in seeing more frequent build offs next year?  I can continue to provide the winning prize.

Emperor_Quimby

As I said before the start and now at the ending, I will not claim my prize.

Keep it Darth, maybe make the price bigger next year then :D