What do I win?
A gift of your choice from Steam or Mojang to the value of $60

When is it due?
Builds must be completed by 11:59PM EST October 31th

Where do I make it?
Your choice - either in Classic or Retail

Who can join?
Any registered member! (Builder+)

Yes, it is yet another building contest!
Halloween is coming and we are approaching our 3rd anniversary of Insomniac Servers. So once again we shall be having a Halloween themed contest because there are lots of things that can be made for it.

Builds must be completed in time for Halloween. A winner will be picked on the evening of Friday October 31st. Darthjahona will be the only judge so that means that everyone can enter, no matter how high a rank you are. (For now, the classic server maps are restricted to EpicBuilder to stop the noobs going there and building completely random stuff like hotels!)

People can build in either Classic or Retail.

-On Classic please build on your own map and screen shot your entry.

-On Creative (retail) there will be a special map and warp.  Use warp Halloween2014 or use the Halloween Buildoff Board at /spawn. The map is a flat map so pick a free spot somewhere and build there.  Please leave room between other players builds.

When your done with your build put a screenshot of it and the coordinates in this post to show you entered.

Conditions
- You must build alone.

- Builds must be created new. Previous builds cannot be used as entries.

- Builds should not be copied from things that other people made, like this post was copied from darthjahona who copied it from Bren4q.

- Any messing around or modifying other people's builds is grounds for disqualification and- as is tradition- a dutch rub.

- Command blocks ARE allowed in builds on the creative server.  Ask any moderator to make it for you, but you must supply the command.  (The moderator will make the block, but you have to tell the moderator what to put in it!) If no moderators are availiable, PM us on the forums.

Any questions, just ask.
Best of luck!

sifitis

Here is an example submission:

Creator: sifitis

Description: A Halloween pyramid.  I think it really summarizes how Halloween is something we all build upon, to make each year better than the one before it and  blah blah blah...

Coordinates:
12345x 12345z

Pictures:

MarcusBoay

What if I took an idea or concept from an anime? Will I get disqualified for it?

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

Jahona

No as long as it's still has some originality to it.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

MarcusBoay

Okay. Are we allowed to use texture packs?
Sorry for the double post.

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

sifitis

Assuming that the rules are basically the same as the 2013 Christmas buildoff, Texture packs are legal as long as you add it to your submission post as well as where to aquire it.

Jahona

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Emperor_Quimby

Not on my WATCH!  ;D

(da dum tisss)

sifitis

Ha, I get it. Please don't ever say it again...

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: sifitis on October 19, 2014, 02:36:57 PM
Ha, I get it. Please don't ever say it again...

YEs sir, sorry sir

MissVixiy

Creator: MissVixiy
Description: Is it the flying pumpkin of insomniac. This build was haunted by a EvilJuwayyid because his screams are heard inside the pumpkin.
Coordinates: x:941.5, y:4, z:-100.5

Jahona

Emperor_Quimby

Emperor_Quimby

BEHOLD! MY CONTRIBUTION!

HOTEL GASTLY!

x: 859
y: 32
z: -599

Jahona

I am a generous dictator.  I'll give you till the 31st to complete your builds =D

http://youtu.be/HNl-peB0K9Y