Halloween Buildoff 2014

Started by sifitis, October 05, 2014, 12:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jahona

Ok so new build off contest for Quiby's prize.

Theme Thanksgiving.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bren4q

Quote from: darthjahona on November 05, 2014, 12:25:47 PM
Theme Thanksgiving.
As a non-USA/Canadian citizen who hasn't witnessed a Thanksgiving celebration, other than a turkey what things or activities are normally associated with it?
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Sorry didn't put much thought into the theme.

We can change it to something more universally known.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Emperor_Quimby

Well ding dong everybody

ding dong!

Jahona

Quote from: Emperor_Quimby on November 05, 2014, 02:30:22 PM
Well ding dong everybody

ding dong!

Your comment confuses me.
Should the next build off be doors or bells?

bren4q

Perhaps the bells are for a Christmas theme? The festive season will be upon us soon.
Surplus to requirements

Emperor_Quimby

it was a "the wizard of oz" reference

But if I can chose I team, it would be Landscapes

I need landscapes to my project, so if we could make a building contest for that, it would be great.
It could be: Mountain landscape, swamp landscape, forest landscape, sand landscape, demon landscape or floating landscape!

kesteve

First off, congrats on your win Buttler!

Second, doing more builds in the future would be fairly enjoyable. If we need a topic for one before Christams, how about:

*  Colors of Fall
*  Fall (in general)
*  Winter
*  Thanksgiving (I'd also vote for it despite it being an American holiday. Bren, you could build a food display, and family gathering, or go back to the history and build events leading up to the first thanksgiving in America. This could be the ship taking the pilgrims, the old pilgrim town, a landscape with corn, or the first thanksgiving banquet.)
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

Butlerbandit

@Kesteve: Thanks!

If we need a theme, we could always just do "Harvest Festival", since Thanksgiving is really just America's version of an old world tradition.
Held Together by Duct Tape

Emperor_Quimby

bren4q

Quote from: Emperor_Quimby on November 06, 2014, 04:24:24 PM
bu... what about my theme? D:
Quote from: kesteve on November 06, 2014, 12:03:11 PM
a landscape with corn
Two themes in one! Landscapes and Thanks-giving.
- A landscape with corn
- A beach full of ships landing with pilgrims
- A mountain of turkeys
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Quote from: bren4q on November 06, 2014, 05:04:30 PM
Two themes in one! Landscapes and Thanks-giving.
- A landscape with corn
- A beach full of ships landing with pilgrims
- A mountain of turkeys

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Ok New Contest.  I'll make a new map and warp later today.  Runs until November 30th.  Prize will be a collection of indie games to be redeemed on Steam. 

Theme will be (American) Thanksgiving but with a landscape.

I'll type more info on a new post later.

Emperor_Quimby

excellent, I would like to have the landscapes after, if the builders except that

sifitis

And this time, I WONT have 4 reports to do the same time as the buildoff, so I can actually contribute to something for once! :D