With the Main Map of IS1...

Started by Saracalia, July 01, 2012, 06:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saracalia

Would it be good to have themes up for that map around holidays and stuff, like the way the old main map did?

bren4q

Sure.
We're too late for a Euro 2012 theme... :P
Anything else notable going on in the world at the moment?
Surplus to requirements

CTSquirrel

The Olympics are coming up, if anyone's interested in that. Don't really know what else is going on in the near future.

Reichtmueller

In the US fourth of July is a very notable day in history.
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

CTSquirrel

Quote from: Reichtmueller on July 01, 2012, 08:12:06 PM
In the US fourth of July is a very notable day in history.

The only trouble I see with a July 4th Independence Day themed map is it doesn't have much of a meaning to those outside the U.S., and we'd have to build like crazy because it's only 3 days away :o

Kidd2000

Jahona

It was Canada Day today.
http://youtu.be/zwDvF0NtgdU

I think a nice Olympic themed map would be great.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bren4q

Olympics and 4th July both get my vote.

Olympics don't start until July 27th so we could whip up something quick for 4th July over next 2 evenings.

American flags, fireworks and Tom Cruise in a wheelchair should cover most angles.
Surplus to requirements

Saracalia

How about set it up for the olympics? With flags from all over the world around the main map?

bren4q

Yeah, we can do something like that for the Olympics, but its not on for another 4 weeks.

The 4th of July would seem to be the next well-known event. It could be good fun to "Americanise" the starting map.
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

There is now a copy of the main map called "main_july4" which AdvBuilder and higher can build on.
Surplus to requirements

kesteve

As there is little time, may I paste my old Independence Hall into the map?
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

bren4q

Would there be room? Main map doesnt have much wide open space.
Surplus to requirements

kesteve

I'm reformatting it into 8 blocks deep. Would I be able to cover a small portion of the original top of the main build (looking directly up from the spawn probably can't see it anyway right now. I haven't checked the height yet, but I may be able to adjust it as well.

Haha, never mind. I'll just make a pixel of it. Much easier ^_^
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

bren4q

Go ahead. Make as many changes that you need to. Its a temporary copy so even if its barely recognizable its fine.
Surplus to requirements