New Forum/Group Name - NO MORE SUGGESTIONS NEEDED

Started by bren4q, November 06, 2011, 09:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

CLOSING DATE FOR SUGGESTIONS IS THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH 2011

We want to brainstorm on a new name for the-group-formerly-known-as-PowerKrew. Just keep firing ideas up, then we will review them, pick the best ones, and run a poll to help determine the best name. But for now, we need to get a good list of suggestions.

Names suggested so far:

- Carbon Domain
- PyroKinetic Servers
- Thorian
- NeoForge
- PyroForge
- Cake Forge
- Digital Frontier
- Insomniac Servers
- CuppaTea Servers
- Neon Flux
- ASAP Servers
- Digi Designers
- Axe Grinders
- PyroKinetic Servers
- Digital Sultans
- Tech Sultans
- Weapons of Mild Destruction

- ParadoxKrew
- PhsychiKrew
- PwnKrew
- PhotonKrew
- PixelKrew
- PseudoKrew

- Inferno Servers
- Inferno Game Servers
- Infernal Servers
- Kamikaze Servers
- BanzaiKrew Servers
- Carbon Crew Servers
- Carbon Crew Gamers
- Bupkis Gamers
- Bupkis Servers

- Chocolate servers
- Incognito Servers
- The Tranquil Servers
- Project Krew
- Riverview Servers
- Dartmouth Servers

- ExoTrace Servers
- Slytherin Servers
- Everlong
- XKrew
- JJU (Just Join Us)
- Finecraft
- Meet Your Maker Servers

- The Source
- The Begging
- The Unknown
- NoName
- Nuclear Force
- Nuclear Source
- SDK
- DinoPony Servers
- Grayme Gaming
- EnergySource Servers
- Ultra Krew Constructions
Surplus to requirements

Sublimity

What about

• JJU (Just Join Us) :P
  • Finecraft

bren4q

PowerKrew as a name is no more. People would still think that PowerHouse runs it.
As for the thing about a name being not too obvious and a punchline... the point is that you give some examples.
Since the group is for games in general (even though MC forms the core of the group) we are trying to avoid Minecraft related terms such as "MC", "craft", "kraft", etc.
Surplus to requirements

gaminguru

The problem with coming up with a name is a clan's name usually reflects something the entire clan has in common. It should reflect what brings them together. If our name shouldn't involve minecraft, and power is gone, what really brings everyone here together? Just a thought. Maybe this will help someone come up with some good names.

Skitty

MyM servers
Meet Your Maker Servers

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Skittlez

^^ that dog freaks me out a bit (c.c)^^
Regardless, the vote was a bit of a failure, but it showed what names don't work at all. I think with the current list, we should update it to:
CuppaTea Servers (CTServers)
Psychotic Killers Server (PKS)
ASAP (forget what it was meant to mean)
Carbon Domain
CuppaTea Servers
Thorian Servers
ASAP Servers
MyM
->These options aren't actually all that bad.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

bren4q

Quote from: gaminguru on November 06, 2011, 02:21:26 PM
If our name shouldn't involve minecraft, and power is gone, what really brings everyone here together?

I see what you're saying alright. Perhaps we could have a name that makes a subtle reference to Minecraft, but yet could still work as a group name if Minecraft was no longer the focus of the group in say a year's time.

e.g.
"Digi Designers"
Digi -> (digital) computers -> computer games
Designers -> build and create stuff -> Minecraft

"Axe Grinders"
Axe -> Minecraft tool
Grinders -> ehhh...

"Hammers Of Thor"
Hammers -> building tool -> Minecraft
Thor -> ThorSummoner (co-owner)
Plus, the acronym is "HOT"  ;)

Or we could just pick something that sounds cool:

"PyroKinetic Servers" (contains a TF2 reference, the acronym is PK, and pyrokinesis itself means something cool, literally "fire motion", or the ability to create fire with the mind)

"Tech Sultans" (tech as in technology, and sultans as in leaders)

Or we could have something humorous and games related:

"Cake Forge"

"Weapons of Mild Destruction"

We also need to check that the name is available. Cake Forge is the only one above which is used elsewhere for some web software.
Surplus to requirements

gaminguru

Wow bren those are some names I could live with. PyroKinetic Servers is probably my favorite, but they are all good options.

Skittlez

0_0.. wow...uuh...bren, where the heck were you all this time! Those names are great! Love the "PyroKinetic Servers" one the best.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

ThorSummoner

I would find hammer of thor acceptable but dont forget we have to consider domain name availability, and a who's-to-pay system;
I find something in myself beign the owner of the domain, and I don't mind paying such as long as I can coordinate group resources, I would also like the power to weight my judegement with my most trusted group memebers in all matters.
For example I would like to constitute a VIP pay-per-month system with increadably low prices for clan permissions; As I theorise a 5centsPerPermission woudl likely be more then enought to fund our servers.
As Civilization the game taught me, its nto about how much money you make, its about how long you make money.
-Thor

bren4q

Most of the domain names mentioned here have been checked and are available.
Domains average at $10 to $15 per year, so I volunteer to pay for the domain name if we want another one.

The only costs to us in hosting servers is electricity. skitty already runs a good quad core machine 24/7 dedicated to the classic servers plus he has also very kindly offered to host the forums, and I dont think he is asking for anything in return, so we're covered there.

Donations were previously given for a brand new 6-core 8GB server for running Minecraft Beta as well as the forum hosting costs for powerkrewservers.com for the upcoming year. This donation run was just a few months ago which many of us donated to. Now, this powerful new 6-core server is now gone and no longer available to us. The forums are also gone. I think it will be difficult to ask for monetary donations again.
Surplus to requirements

jwirth

PyroKinetic Servers sounds like a great name to me.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Juwayyid

XKrew!  X-Krew!  Smething like that!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

morin

i play way to much tf2/ massive trader :D i own a 100$ hat currently :D/not that expensive for some people lol