Minecraft Classic No Longer Supported.

Started by Saracalia, September 18, 2012, 07:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saracalia

Dunno if anyone has seen this, but I went to go onto Classic and... Got this.

Just thought I might leave this here incase some of you guys didn't notice.

bren4q

Yeah, that particular page has been in use for over a month now.

But even before they changed it the page used to always say that Classic was outdated, even 2 years ago when I first joined it said it was no longer updated.

They will eventually stop listing the Classic servers and they may prevent people from logging in if they are not premium, but it will be a while off yet - months or years, we have no idea.
Surplus to requirements

jwirth

they will lose a lot of people if they do stop classic. I knew about this but I never really worried about it.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

bren4q

Classic is slowly losing its appeal. A year ago there was 500 classic servers listed on minecraft.net. Now there's 350. I'm sure some hardcore groups will keep it going, just like any old game that gets a dedicated following.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Quote from: jwirth on September 18, 2012, 08:59:56 AM
they will lose a lot of people if they do stop classic. I knew about this but I never really worried about it.

They will lose a lot of people that haven't contributed anything to keep the studio running.
The retail version of Minecraft is bigger than classic.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

jwirth

many people just like to play games for free to get the feeling of it before having to buy it or maybe they are not able to buy it due to family problems or something else, I mean yes they do have a demo you can play but you only have an hour to play it and you don't get a complete feeling to it because you don't get the feeling of the multiplayer part of the game. They will just make a deeper hole for them if they get rid of classic it's just un-beneficial in my opinion.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

xxkaramx12

i saw this one old time ago...
maybe from 3 months ago
when minecraft classic started, 4563 servers were opened.
i dont think it will be down. ppl still playing it and its helpful for the site i guess..

haze_storm15

at the bottom of the thing says mutliplayer and single player click mutiplayer and ther you go

Mudman

There are about 41 million accounts without premium. So if minecraft shuts down classic-

1. They will have millions of people pissed

2. They will have returning players be pissed, so people will be pissed for about a year so  :-\......

3. What jwirth said.

Are they really going to shut down classic?

I don't think we have anything to worry about...
Why is it called "common" sense. If it would be up to me, I'd call it rare sense...

Saracalia

I hope they don't get rid of Classic though. Not everyone in the world can afford Premium.

MarcusBoay

Quote from: Noku345 on September 18, 2012, 09:58:19 PM
I hope they don't get rid of Classic though. Not everyone in the world can afford Premium.

Some are able to afford it, but do they have credit cards?
So not everyone has credit cards would be a better choice of words.

*not related* If I had a credit card, DAMN I'd buy them Valve games!

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

Saracalia

Quote from: MarcusBoay on September 19, 2012, 03:51:50 AM
Quote from: Noku345 on September 18, 2012, 09:58:19 PM

Some are able to afford it, but do they have credit cards?
So not everyone has credit cards would be a better choice of words.

*not related* If I had a credit card, DAMN I'd buy them Valve games!

I pay by a  Debit Card.

Glenn

Quote from: Mudman on September 18, 2012, 09:50:01 PM
There are about 41 million accounts without premium. So if minecraft shuts down classic-

1. They will have millions of people pissed

2. They will have returning players be pissed, so people will be pissed for about a year so  :-\......

3. What jwirth said.

Are they really going to shut down classic?

I don't think we have anything to worry about...
They would have all these probs, but that way ppl who can afford it/have a credit card, will have to buy the game, and that's what they really want.. I mean, they may piss ppl of,but they don't lose money bcs of it, and that's very important to them :P
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Krawkyz

Quote from: GlennvW2468 on September 19, 2012, 06:46:41 AMThey would have all these probs, but that way ppl who can afford it/have a credit card, will have to buy the game, and that's what they really want.. I mean, they may piss ppl of,but they don't lose money bcs of it, and that's very important to them :P
That is how a business runs.

minecraft1279