Tekkit Server: Tekkit 1.2.9e

Started by Jahona, April 24, 2014, 03:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jahona

Details
- AMD Quad Core @ 3.2 ghz
- 16 Gigs of ram (6 gigs dedicated to Tekkit)
- Address: jahona.no-ip.org:25564
- Server uses mcpc+ 1.6.4 and Tekkit 1.2.9e
- Players need Technic Launcher: http://www.technicpack.net/download

About Tekkit

We have Liftoff! Tekkit has launched into a new era, and with it new frontiers to explore! Dimensions, pockets and planets, it's all there for you and your friends to exploit and conquer.

Armed with the latest versions of the best mods from the hottest authors, a renewed sense of adventure and a focused drive, Tekkit is set to reignite the same sort of wonder and awe that we all received from booting up Minecraft for the first time. With the skies open, the moon ready to be colonized (by force if need be) and dimensional mysteries to be plied, with tesseracts to be networked, "meat" to be processed, items to be digitized, and power suits to be manufactured, there is virtually limitless engineering projects to be assembled.

Get your gear in order and prepare to blast off on an adventure all your own with Tekkit.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Glenn

First off, thanks for making the server!

Make sure to use the 1.2.8 tekkit build!
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

pusur44017

Server is 1.2.8e - recommended.

-pusur

bb25565

Fawkes
\(^~^)/  I have voted myself fabulous.

jwirth

Sounds great maybe if I get a chance i'll pop in and check out the new server.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

sifitis

Hey darth, is the dimensional doors mod disabled? I can't find any pre-generated rifts and am unable to craft golden doors. Just wondering.

pusur44017

It's disabled to stop people from coming onto the server and getting lost in the portals. Is it a very big loss? If so I'll have a look at it, see if anything can be done.

-pusur

sifitis

Its not a massively significant loss, although I always found the mod enjoyable. That said, preventing people from getting lost is a good reason, so I'm sure I'll cope.  :P

Krawkyz

How can you get lost when you have /spawn and /home?

pusur44017

Well we have had problems with people getting trapped in the well trap thingy in spawn and not knowing how to get out, so I have disabled it. Thing is that it can be quite confusing, and potentually lethal, and if you don't know how to get out, you'd be quite annoyed. If it's such a loss that it justifies me using time to try to figure a way to use it without wild spawning portals, please let me know.

-pusur

barnbarn122

Could we get more /sethome 's?
2 would be nice, in case you would want to have a secondary base in another dimension or something..

And also, I believe we have solved a problem we ran into

Do not attempt to plant rubber saplings or else it crashes the server and it needs to be manually restarted. And the person who planted them has to be on the server by themselves and destroy the saplings themselves.

Is there another stable release that the server can be upgraded to?

Jahona

This is running the latest version of tekkit. As for the homes, I'll have to check tonight but I thought I increased it.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Krawkyz

Quote from: barnbarn122 on May 02, 2014, 02:49:17 PM
Could we get more /sethome 's?
2 would be nice, in case you would want to have a secondary base in another dimension or something..

And also, I believe we have solved a problem we ran into

Do not attempt to plant rubber saplings or else it crashes the server and it needs to be manually restarted. And the person who planted them has to be on the server by themselves and destroy the saplings themselves.

Is there another stable release that the server can be upgraded to?
Please do some research beforehand. It makes everything nicer.
First off, darth changed the home limit.
Secondly, that "rubber saplings" issue was disguised merely as a harvester issue. The harvester did not have "Jungle Wood" enabled (default) yet tried to break Jungle Wood. This crashed the server. It's been fixed, and rubber saplings have no issue. The only reason I ever suggested rubber saplings crashed the server was because of the last server we were on "claiming" it crashed them. There is no evidence to say that rubber saplings crash servers.
As well, the latest Recommended build is 1.2.8e. The latest Beta Build is broken and crashes servers with ease.

TheAlmightyVance

Can we build a spawn for Tekkit? Somewhat like we did for the new survival?

sifitis

Butler and pusur are planning to do that when they can.  But ya, we will have a spawn