The Logos

Started by Skitty, December 11, 2011, 01:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

B, C and Current logo are the only ones that have anything to do with Insomniac.
Surplus to requirements

minecraft1279

Nice WORK! I like the most C!:D:D the eye is awsome.

Amy

Blitzkin

Quote from: bren4q on December 21, 2011, 05:06:33 AM
B, C and Current logo are the only ones that have anything to do with Insomniac.

Agreed.

wish I had seen this contest earlier
Work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger.
More than ever hour after our work is never over.

ThorSummoner

I got borded of winning so i thought I'd appose myself as a challenger; Actually; I just finished playing with a bloodshot eye to substiture behind the "Insomniac Servers" text.

Theese are just Logo's to go with entries h though k, in the event they they win.

This here is the eye with some additions:

This here is the original eye:

Source: Released under Creative Commons, non-commerical use and share alike.
http://thorian.net/FH/Bloodshot%20eye.rar

This post is likely to be modified a few times.
-Thor

Skittlez

I think it's much to late for additions to the contest. Skitty' will run the next poll with the 2 most popular ones, and we'll see what people like.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Jahona

Quote from: minecraft1279 on December 21, 2011, 10:00:56 AM
Nice WORK! I like the most C!:D:D the eye is awsome.

Amy

Thanks Amy =)
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

ThorSummoner

Quote from: Skittlez on December 21, 2011, 07:20:19 PM
I think it's much to late for additions to the contest. Skitty' will run the next poll with the 2 most popular ones, and we'll see what people like.

You didn't read or didnt comprehend my statement.
This is not a submission, this a logo to be used in tandum with my header text, Since someone posted that my previous submission did not have enough to do with insomia, I made my own bloodshot eye to be used as a standaloen logo and probably to be but behind the "insomniac Servers" text inspace of that quick swirly thing.
-Thor

Skittlez

Quote from: ThorSummoner on December 22, 2011, 01:47:15 AM
Quote from: Skittlez on December 21, 2011, 07:20:19 PM

You didn't read or didnt comprehend my statement.
This is not a submission, this a logo to be used in tandum with my header text, Since someone posted that my previous submission did not have enough to do with insomia, I made my own bloodshot eye to be used as a standaloen logo and probably to be but behind the "insomniac Servers" text inspace of that quick swirly thing.

Thing is, people are voting on the current logo you made, not the one with the eye behind it. If you add the eye later, you may lose or gain votes which would skew the votes. So you cannot add anything to it b/c it is way too late now, the votes are in.

ThorSummoner

Quote from: Skittlez on December 22, 2011, 11:29:17 AM
Thing is, people are voting on the current logo you made, not the one with the eye behind it. If you add the eye later, you may lose or gain votes which would skew the votes. So you cannot add anything to it b/c it is way too late now, the votes are in.

I am sure you could not get 2% of the whole community to reject that eye.

Or, following Skittlez argument, we already need to re host the entire vote because the late submissions haven't been viewed by at least someone who already voted prior to the late entry, thus this vote is already skewed (not to mention agaist me).
I would be all for rerunning the vote, especially if the voting system used a less primitive algorithm;

On a simmilar topic My entry needs to be clarified, it is at most two submissions, one with and one without an effect, and The effect needs to be replaced with the eye, I don't put a hour into an eye because Shloosk and bren4q weren't satisfied just to waste my time.

I'm revising my submissions:
Remember Skitty, this is one submission:

the main logo:

This is to be used on the homepage, and any other web based resources where applicable;

Production:

This is to be used where space is limited vertically.

This is to be used when space is limited vertically, but we still want some coolness on it.

Icons:

-Thor

Skittlez

This is an issue. The logos you are now proposing are flagrantly different from the ones you originally sent in. Considering that the final deadline for submissions has passed a long time ago, I would just stick to the original logo you sent in.

bren4q

On one hand, I think we should aim for the best logo possible, so all improvements to logos are welcome.
But on the other hand, this contest has been running for a VERY long time, with more than one extension to the deadline, so it would be quite cheeky to make changes to submissions beyond this absolute final deadline.

I would suggest, in the interest of fairness among all those who entered, and the fact that almost everyone who is going to vote has already voted, that we leave the selection of logos as the ones that were submitted before the final deadline.

As for more improvements that you want to make to your logo - by all means, yes, make improvements to your logos, but not for this logo contest. The forum logo we choose doesn't have to be what we use forever and ever. We could decide to use various logos, maybe we could have a selection of logos that the forum randomly displays. The more the better!

But for now, since the wheels of this particular contest are very much in motion, in fact nearly at an end, no more changes to what was submitted before deadline please. There will be plenty more opportunities to make to changes to them in the near future.
Surplus to requirements

deli72

Deli72.....I is awesome..........................................................................................

jwirth

has this even ended yet its been a months now?
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Skitty

actually in the middle of the blasted thing the holidays came and i didnt have the chance to do what i wanted to do.
then i got sick. now that im all better. im starting to build the the final votes for the logo. which was darths and thors. any alterations of the logos will be decided at a later date. <3

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Rii

Skitty asked me to look at these, I've a lot of shit going on in real life... i haven't really been able to do much online at all in my current situation. I looked at the logo's and the one that was put up and tweaked it.

But tbh you would be much better off asking for the original file (PSD or what ever format) / creator to invert the colors than editing the one posted. The posted image is a PNG with transparent background but when inverted and downsized it turns out horrible.

During this time i also had a major HDD crash, losing 380gb of data in the process and had to reinstall windows (well i actually finally upgraded myself to windows 7) so i am waiting for login details for the server to upload files etc rather than using a temp img host like imgur.