The Logos

Started by Skitty, December 11, 2011, 01:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

Its ok Rii, its not urgent. I think people were just anxious to see at least one new logo be used on the forum and to know that their efforts were not in vain.

I edited one of the style sheets and have used one of the logos that were created. I received an updated version from the creator today with improved colors and transparency. The file is still hosted externally on imgur, which is not ideal, but will have to suffice until skitty or someone can copy the file into the forum's image repository.

The logo being used is not the voted winner (which was ThorSummoner's), but since Darthjahona's image is ready to use right now, I have put that up for the time being. Darth's image was runner up so by using it on the forum for a while its like a runner's up reward :)

I'll switch it to Thor's winning logo if I can perhaps get another version of it off him that has a transparent background, or if I can edit the existing image just enough that it blends with the forum colors.
Surplus to requirements

Skitty

you can give it to me or rii we both have access to the files.
-back to data structures-

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

bren4q

Okay, I have made a background that spans the forum header section which blends in with Thor's logo.

Trouble is, when Thor's logo is resized to 110pix in height (which was the image size requirement that skitty outlined at the beginning of the contest) and while maintaining the detail that's in the image, it comes out looking a tad on the small side and doesn't stand out that much.

Here are preview screenshots of what the forum looks like with everything in place as it should be for both the top voted logos.
(click the links to see the full size versions)

Thorsummoner's logo

Darthjahona's logo
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Oh I sent Rii my Illustrator files as well as the ones I sent to bren.  Y'all need anything else just ask.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

NickyKim

So.. both of the two logos are going to be used? Alternatively?
M.D. Kim, Nicky

bren4q

I dunno. People are gonna complain no matter which way it gets done. I was stepping in to try get some progress made on the logo front, because it has been 7 weeks since the contest ended. There seems to be always someone ready to pounce with a complaint or moan on anything that gets tried.

The winning logo is up, for better or for worse. If there are any suggestions, I'm not the man to talk to.
Surplus to requirements

ThorSummoner

It is noteworthy this I sent this graphic in the package to Rii;

This was live edited html does in less then 5 minuets with nothing more then css changes; Not perfect but It was the best way I coudl figure to fit the logo into the header space without drastically changeing anything.

I also provided Rii with the source file such that individual resources could be moved and modifyed to be fitted as needed.
PM if more needs to be done on my part.
-Thor

Emperor_Quimby

I have tryed and tryed to make some new logos but what ever happens! it's the same!

Here is the normal:

Here is one where Notch owns the servers:

Here is one where Herobrine owns the servers:

Here is one where Bren owns the servers:

And here is one if china owns the servers:

no matter what i do i can't change the logo in a good way!

That's it I give up! make your own damm logo...