Vote for new Forum/Group Name

Started by bren4q, November 10, 2011, 09:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

From the 70 suggested names we picked 15 of the best and most suitable candidates which don't conflict with anything else out there on the interwebs.

Now its voting time. Voting ends on Sunday 13th Nov, so be sure to vote early!
Surplus to requirements

ThorSummoner

-.- Yeah I see Thorian on that list allright.
-Thor

Reichtmueller

Is there any way to see what is winning at this moment?
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

bren4q

Quote from: ThorSummoner on November 10, 2011, 11:08:33 PM
-.- Yeah I see Thorian on that list allright.

Sorry ThorSummoner, it didn't make it through the shortlisting process. The names listed here are the ones that had more plus votes than minus votes, in other words, they are the names that admins find the least objectionable.

Quote from: schiller on November 11, 2011, 12:27:16 AM
Is there any way to see what is winning at this moment?

No, because in order to be completely fair and impartial it is important that nobody knows which is in the lead. If you voted and could see which was winning you could say it to someone else and their vote might be influenced by that. Secret ballot is the way to go.
Surplus to requirements

jwirth

all I can say this voting felt like I was taking the SAT's again XD such a hard question.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

thealex447

lmao SATs. Remember, you lose less points if you skip, rather than answer incorrectly.

RedSnapper1

This is also changing the server name right?
Short horror story:

The last man on Earth was sitting down at his home. There was a knock on the door.

The End. :)

Skittlez

QuoteThis is also changing the server name right?
Yes Sir, at first we will call it "WhatEverTheNameIs" (Formally PK3)" to make sure old players don't get lost. Then we will slowley transition it to the new name.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

skloosh

how did dinopony servers not get on that :O

gaminguru

We only get to pick one out of the 15? That's tough.

Juwayyid

Come on people, let's make this a good name!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

morin

well its 9:04 for me *waits for announcement*
i play way to much tf2/ massive trader :D i own a 100$ hat currently :D/not that expensive for some people lol

Skittlez

Quotewell its 9:04 for me *waits for announcement*
The announcement of the new server should occur Tomorrow or the next day at the latest.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

morin

Quote from: Skittlez on November 12, 2011, 03:57:46 PM
QuoteThis is also changing the server name right?
Yes Sir, at first we will call it "WhatEverTheNameIs" (Formally PK3)" to make sure old players don't get lost. Then we will slowley transition it to the new name.
Redsnappers not a guy... LOL
*fed skittlez soggy paper*
i play way to much tf2/ massive trader :D i own a 100$ hat currently :D/not that expensive for some people lol

bren4q

The new group name is:

Insomniac Servers

The voting was a 3-way tie between:
- Insomniac Servers
- Paradox Krew
- PyroKinetic Servers

To settle the tie-breaker we took a look at all 3 names, and taking into consideration feedback given by some long-standing admins who prefer not to carry the moniker "PK" or "PKS" as PowerHouse requested, the new group and forum name is Insomniac Servers.

Its a cool name, and is actually quite suitable for a games clan where some of our servers are populated pretty much 24 hours a day - our servers never sleep!

Thanks to all for helping to come up with the ideas and for voting.
Now, for some catchy logos and phrases....  8)
Surplus to requirements