Ban appeal: NullSchritt

Started by NullSchritt, June 14, 2012, 09:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skittlez

Quote from: Skitty on June 14, 2012, 01:00:29 PM
no i mean hes banned serversided as well. he shouldnt be allowed here. the population of his ip kept ddos storming the servers and forums so i had to ipblock him. he should not be allowed in here and ontop of that his account was also banned O-o

I unbanned him to allow him to make an appeal. As I don't see him trying to DDoS, I thought we should give him a chance.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

NullSchritt

So guys..... am I still going to be banned?  :-\

Skittlez

Quote from: NullSchritt on June 14, 2012, 01:17:14 PM
So guys..... am I still going to be banned?  :-\

Give us a bit, we'll come up with an answer relatively soon.

bren4q

I don't think it was a DDOS attack. The fact that all those dozens of connections appeared on the server console as denied because the player was banned, must have meant they were properly formed requests rather than a flood of DDOS.

Would probably get that effect if a banned person spammed the Refresh button in the web browser on minecraft.net after trying to connect to a server but getting the red screen with the "You are banned" message. There was an awful lot of them though, like 6 or 7 per second. That's a lot of Refresh clicks....

I'll see if I can recreate the same thing with a dummy banned account.
Surplus to requirements

NullSchritt

Quote from: bren4q on June 14, 2012, 01:39:22 PM
I don't think it was a DDOS attack. The fact that all those dozens of connections appeared on the server console as denied because the player was banned, must have meant they were properly formed requests rather than a flood of DDOS.

Would probably get that effect if a banned person spammed the Refresh button in the web browser on minecraft.net after trying to connect to a server but getting the red screen with the "You are banned" message. There was an awful lot of them though, like 6 or 7 per second. That's a lot of Refresh clicks....

I'll see if I can recreate the same thing with a dummy banned account.
Beware CTRL+F5

Dwerg

I think he makes a pretty solid case. That's my opinion.

http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/015R (copy to text editor for easier reading)

bren4q

Interesting. It takes about 10 seconds to refresh and get the banned message with Ctrl+F5. Whereas last night we were seeing the server spammed with about 7 connections per second. If a web browser or WOM cant do that, then what was?
Surplus to requirements

NullSchritt

Quote from: bren4q on June 14, 2012, 03:10:00 PM
Interesting. It takes about 10 seconds to refresh and get the banned message with Ctrl+F5. Whereas last night we were seeing the server spammed with about 7 connections per second. If a web browser or WOM cant do that, then what was?
:/

This can.
TCPStartup()
Global $dim[5000]
for $i=1 to 5000
$dim[$i] = TCPConnect("69.124.93.79", "25566")
if @error Then
Exit
EndIf
Next

But like I said I was pissed, and I turned it off, after a short amount of time, after calming down.

And it's not like a DDoSed your server and took it down with a botnet, it was just a way of letting you know I was still raging, basically :/

This is really no different than coding a macro to open WOM and hit "resume" over and over. Not saying that doing that would have been an okay thing either, I just think the word DDoS or even DoS is a little too extreme to describe what I did. As it didn't cause DoS nor was it a DDoS attack.

Skittlez

Null, you are unbanned. However, please read up on the rules, and abide by them. Also, no more ddos attacks. Best of luck!

NullSchritt

Quote from: Skittlez on June 14, 2012, 04:56:00 PM
Null, you are unbanned. However, please read up on the rules, and abide by them. Also, no more ddos attacks. Best of luck!

Thank you (:

I'll be good.

NullSchritt

I cannot connect, I get "Failed to connect the server is probably down" every time.

bren4q

Yeah. That might take a little longer to resolve.
Surplus to requirements

pusur44017

NullSchritt

Quote from: bren4q on June 14, 2012, 06:18:18 PM

o.o alright, I guess just let me know when my computers can connect again then (:

Skittlez

Quote from: NullSchritt on June 14, 2012, 06:25:06 PM
Quote from: bren4q on June 14, 2012, 06:18:18 PM

o.o alright, I guess just let me know when my computers can connect again then (:

Sigh, the issue is that after your Ddos attack, Skitty had to block your IP at a firewall level so as to stop all the pings from appearing in MCForge.