Shootings at Batman movie

Started by bren4q, July 20, 2012, 07:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

Pretty shocking stuff.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18921492

I'm going to see the Batman tonight. Wish me luck.
Surplus to requirements

Krawkyz

Good luck, bren. I heard conspiracy theorists are gonna be by your unlucky side.
Also, update, it's 15 dead. Not 14.

Also, it wasn't in Denver. It was in Aurora.

Reichtmueller

All the "zombie" attacks have been going on in my area....

Worlds becoming quite the hostile place...
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

Krawkyz

kesteve

Sad to see this happen so close to home. As a Coloradoan, I'm surprised no one in the audience had a concealed carry or some other firearm with them. Sadly most were probably young guys and don't carry. Do we know if anyone tried to tackle the shooter(s)? So sorry to see such loss of life.  :(
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

Krawkyz

He had protective gear on (a riot helmet and a bulletproof vest and some other stuff) so it was practically impossible to immobilize him.

kesteve

Someone should have at least tried for a tackle. Better one man lay down his life than for many to lose theirs.

Reichtmueller

let's be honest - if a guy threw tear gas down and started shooting would you really think and act to stop him?

I'd run for my freaking balls.

Plus in Florida the theaters here have a front seats, a walkway, then a big bar, then more seats filling to the back.

If the movie theater this guy was in is similar to the ones in Florida there would be simply no way to get to him before he did some major damage.

I doubt when they were designing the architecture for the theaters they had this in mind..
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

kesteve

I hope I can say that I would charge him. If I got close enough, 10 years of karate learning should help after the tackle. However, if didn't make it to him, I know were I'm going if I die. At least some others could get away as some bullets went into me.

jwirth

also later on in the interview room they guy said he was the Joker and he did it on a whim. Messed up guy I say.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

bb25565

Wow... What a fail, the joker died. Now its bane. He is so last year...
Fawkes
\(^~^)/  I have voted myself fabulous.

Juwayyid

I don't think you would even be able to run for your life.  I think the sheer confusion, shock, and terror would make it hard enough to even get down onto the ground.

It's terrible to hear that something like this happened, yet, and I know this is always said, it was only 12 people whereas in the country of Saudi Arabia today, there are massacres far worse happening.

Why must humans be so dumb?  We are blessed with intelligence and don't know how to use it!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

jwirth

I think people need to finally understand true peace not to have to have forced peace I second that juw.
QuoteWhy must humans be so dumb?  We are blessed with intelligence and don't know how to use it!
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Krawkyz

Quote from: Juwayyid on July 20, 2012, 09:30:46 PM
It's terrible to hear that something like this happened, yet, and I know this is always said, it was only 12 people whereas in the country of Saudi Arabia today, there are massacres far worse happening.

Why must humans be so dumb?  We are blessed with intelligence and don't know how to use it!

They happen in China, Cuba, Vietnam, and North Korea all the time.

And also, intelligence is a curse, as is instinct.

Dwerg

I read about this in the newspapers here in Norway, it's crazy. How is it possible that people just snap and run around shooting people!?

http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/015R (copy to text editor for easier reading)